Venus® Bulk Fill
- “Easy to use and easy to place.”
- “Flows nicely – adapts well to cavity preparation.”
- “I like the ability to fill cavity in 4 mm increments, a real time saver.”
- “Material is translucent; cannot use for anterior restorations.”
- “May flow outside of the matrix band unless tightly adapted.”
Venus Bulk Fill is a low stress, flowable posterior composite used as a base in Class I and II restorations. The product can be placed in 4 mm increments and is used in conjunction with a universal restorative material as the surface layer. The composite is a radiopaque nano-hybrid composite. Venus Bulk Fill has self-adapting characteristics to enable the material to adapt to the cavity walls. It is available in 1.8 g syringes and 0.25 g unit-dose (PLT) in a universal shade. Halogen and LED light-curing units must produce at least 550 mW/cm² for curing in 20 seconds. Bulk Fill was evaluated by 30 consultants in 609 uses. It received a 91% clinical rating.
Consultants reported that Venus Bulk Fill was easy to place. The composite wets the tooth surface and adapts to the cavity preparation well with no visible bubbles. The 4 mm depth of cure is useful in deep restorations. The low viscosity of the composite allows self-leveling but can also slump and flow out of the matrix if light curing is delayed. Venus Bulk Fill is highly translucent and will not mask stained dentin. Thirty-seven percent of consultants reported that the Venus Bulk Fill was better than their current bulk-fill resin composite and 50% reported it was equivalent. Seventy percent would switch to the Venus Bulk Fill and 83% would recommend it.
- Use a sectional matrix for the best interproximal contact.
- Keep the tip submerged during dispensing to minimize formation of air bubbles.