- “Nice viscosity. It is easy to mix, very smooth, and flows well.”
- “Esthetic, with a nice range of cement shades.”
- “A great multi-use product.”
- “SoloCem is reliable, offers simplicity and is easy to use.”
- “The really small tips are great for access and placement.”
- “The procedure time is fast, since there is no need to etch and bond.”
- “I like the inclusion of zinc oxide as a potential anti-bacterial agent.”
- “You have to perform clean-up quickly, especially interproximal excess.”
- “Tack cure is a little touchy. If you give it 1 second too long, it goes beyond the tack stage making it difficult to remove excess cement.”
- Take the cement out of refrigerator in advance to improve its flow.
- Work quickly when cementing posts.
- Warm it before placement.
- The enamel shade is nice for anterior teeth and somewhat translucent.
- Tack cure less than the recommended 3 seconds; otherwise, it is hard to remove excess cement.
SoloCem was evaluated by 24 consultants, with a total of 377 uses.
- One-step self-etch and self-adhesive cement.
- Automix delivery system.
- Good consistency and reliability.
- Fast cure.
- Permanent cementation of ceramic, metal and composite crowns, bridges, inlays and onlays.
- Cementation of implant abutments (zirconium oxide and titanium).
- Cementation of all types of endodontic posts.
- One-step resin cement.
- Contains MDP and 4-MET(A) monomers for strong adhesion.
- Contains zinc oxide, which is antibacterial.
- Well-balanced mechanical properties.
SoloCem is a radiopaque, dual-cured, self-adhesive resin cement. It contains MDP and 4-META monomers to help provide for strong retention without requiring a separate adhesive. This dual-cured cement offers high compressive and flexural strengths. The excellent bond strength of SoloCem is reliable cementing enamel, dentin, metal, zirconia and glass ceramics without the need of any additional primer. It provides enough working time with up to 60 seconds intraorally for a fast procedure, and can be tack cured in 3 seconds for easy clean-up. SoloCem is delivered in automix syringes with ready-to-use mixing tips. It is available in a kit containing 2, 5 mL syringes (2 each in
dentin and translucent shades), together with 10 superfine and 10 short fine mixing tips. In addition, single 5 mL syringes together with 10 tips are available in white opaque, translucent and dentin shades.