- “Sterile packaging, good quality, wide variety of shapes.”
- “I liked the speed of reduction and lack of clogging.”
- “An excellent bur for gross reduction of a crown preparation.”
- “The #0710C flat end cylinder is my new favorite bur for composite preparations and removing amalgam. ”
- “I was very pleasantly surprised how well this disposable diamond cut.”
NeoDiamond is a disposable, individually packaged and sterilized diamond bur. It uses TritonTM bonding to fasten diamonds to a Swiss-made stainless steel shank which exposes 20% more diamond cutting surface. These single-use diamonds are available in extra coarse, coarse, medium, fine, and very fine grits in packs of 25. NeoDiamond is color-banded for ease of grit identification. The burs evaluated included:
#2133C occlusal reduction – coarse grit
#3923VF finishing diamond, football – 30 micron very fine grit
#1923C football – coarse grit
#118.9C round end taper – coarse grit
#0916.8C flat end taper – coarse grit
#0710C flat end cylinder – coarse grit
Numerous other shapes and sizes are available. NeoDiamond was evaluated by 25 consultants in 837 uses. This product received a 96% clinical rating.
Consultants liked the sterile packaging and the wide variety of shapes of NeoDiamond. The most popular shape evaluated was the round-end taper. The majority of consultants reported that cutting efficiency was excellent. The coarse grit cut through enamel and was durable enough for multiple preparations. Having a fresh diamond for each procedure resulted in speedy reduction without clogging. The clear packaging allows the user to see product, and it is well labeled for re-ordering. Twenty-four percent of consultants reported that NeoDiamond was better than their current diamond burs and 60% reported that it was equivalent. Eighty-four percent would switch to NeoDiamond and 92% would recommend it.
- Keep a cleaning block handy.