Aura Bulk Fill
SDI (North America) Inc. www.sdi.com.au
- “I can finish most of my posterior restorations in a single layer because of the deep curing.”
- “Easy to extrude and handling is amazing.”
- “The universal shade is really just that. I did not expect the color to blend with most teeth, but it did!”
- “Capsules of composite come in a handy box with a magnetic closure.”
Clinical Evaluation Results
- Aura Bulk Fill was evaluated by 33 consultants in 657 uses.
- The composite handles well, adapting to cavity walls and allowing sculpting without sticking to the instrument.
- The single, universal shade approximates A2 and blends well with surrounding enamel.
- Options of two extra shades were requested by some consultants.
- The 40-second curing time is longer than average
Aura Bulk Fill is a nanohybrid composite designed for filling posterior teeth in a single layer. The Ultra High Density (UHD) glass filler provides a high-strength interface that can withstand high compressive forces while still delivering excellent handling and polishing properties.
- Aura Bulk Fill offers a 5 mm depth of cure and one universal shade to simplify posterior composite placement
Results from THE DENTAL ADVISOR Biomaterials Research Laboratory
- Gloss after polishing83 (2) gloss units
- Radiopacity2.9 (0.1) mm of aluminum per mm of material
- Depth of cure (20 s)7.3 mm
- Depth of cure (40 s)8.9 mm