Ask the Editors
Bonding Agent - 6th-generation (Self-etch)
- Are there any composites and bonding agents that you know work well together in anterior teeth without producing marginal leakage lines long term?
- I like to use self-etching bonding agents, but am worried about the bond to uncut enamel. Do you have any advice regarding bonding to enamel with self-etching products?
- Are self-etch bonding agents available in both light- and dual-cured formulations?
- Are there different types of self-etch bonding agents?
- What are the major categories of bonding agents for bonding to tooth structure?
- Do self-etch bonding agents bond to enamel and dentin as well as total-etch bonding agents?
- What is the solvent in 6th- and 7th-generation bonding agents?
- How long should you etch tooth structure with a self-etch bonding agent?
- When do you recommend the use of 6th- and 7th-generation bonding agents?
- Is it ok to use phosphoric acid with self-etch bonding agents?
- Is postoperative sensitivity associated with self-etch bonding agents?
- I am still a big fan of Scotchbond Multi-Purpose Plus bonding system. Does 3M ESPE have a comparable self-etching product?
- Can I use 6th-generation bonding agents for cementation of veneers?
- Please explain the 6th-generation bonding agents to me.
- What is the difference between Type I and Type II 6th-generation bonding agents?
- I have trouble with post-operative sensitivity in some of my patients after restoration with indirect composite or ceramic, and in some cases, direct composite. Is there a bonding agent that is known for its low incidences of post-operative sensitivity?