- “A nice composite for most applications.”
- “Very good shade match with fewer shades needed.”
- “Convenient packaging of capsules.”
- “On radiographs margins were defined and clearly visible.”
- “Finishes nicely; polishes to a high luster.”
- “A little sticky to instruments, especially the syringe material.”
- “Color code syringes and unit-dose capsules by shade.”
ZNano is a universal composite filled with zirconia-silica nanoparticles. It is indicated as a direct restorative for all cavity classes in anterior and posterior teeth. The zirconia fillers are 80 nm in size and are harder than traditional barium glass fillers. ZNano has a high radiopacity and is reported to provide long-term fluoride release. It can be used with any bonding agent system and light cures in 20 seconds. ZNano is available in 13 shades, including seven Vita shades plus A5, three opaque shades, Opalescent A2 and Bleach White. ZNano is available in 4 g syringes and 0.2 g unit-dose capsules. ZNano intro kit was evaluated by 35 consultants in over 1400 uses. This universal composite received a 96% clinical rating.
ZNano composite is filled 73% (by weight) with spherical particles that enhance its handling and physical characteristics. The medium viscosity of the material is soft enough to adapt to the preparation yet firm enough to sculpt. Most restorations could be completed with a single shade and blended well with the tooth, although cured shades were a little darker than the shade guide. Restorations finished nicely and polished to a high shine. Thirty-four percent of consultants rated ZNano better than other universal composites they were using and 46% rated it equivalent. Sixty percent would switch to ZNano and 86% would recommend it to a colleague.