SDI (North America) Inc. www.sdi.com.au
- 35 Clinical Evaluators
- 842 Total Uses
- 91% Clinical Rating
- “Can be sculpted and stays put.”
- “When used for buildups, it cuts very much like dentin.”
- “Fantastic handling and great esthetics.”
- “I liked the consistency when expressed from the capsule. It was smooth and creamy.”
- “Consistent ease of placement as well as superior final results.”
- “Finishes and polishes easily.”
- “Trust your shade guide; the final color is accurate, but there was a bit of a pre/post-cure color shift.”
- “More translucent than I like; I would like to see this in a bulk-fill for the posterior as well.”
- Direct anterior and posterior restorations and veneers
- Core build-ups
- Indirect inlays, onlays, and veneers
- Composite and porcelain repair
- Sandwich technique with glass ionomers
- Not as packable in the posterior due to the creamy consistency, so be sure to adapt well. It does create a good contact.
- Because of Luna’s translucency, for Class IV or large Class III restorations, consider placing a dentin shade or one of their specialty opaque shades to prevent shine through in the final restoration making it looking dark or grayish.
- I would place a wider bevel to get seamless blending.
- Use very small increments and a small plugger to get it to pack onto the restoration well.
Luna is an anterior/posterior nanohybrid composite with:
- Nano and micron-sized filler particles
- 77% filler load
- 13 universal shades and 5 specialty shades
- Natural fluorescence and opalescence
- Superior handling characteristics
- Creamy consistency
- Chameleon effect and ideal translucency