Admira Fusion (2019 Preferred Product)
- “Firm consistency is good for packing into preparations.”
- “It adapts readily to the preparation and is easy to sculpt.”
- “The individually wrapped capsules provide infection control.”
- “The radiopacity leaves no question as to what is tooth, restoration and possibly caries.”
- “Admira Fusion is a unique type of composite – it handles great and polishes easily.”
Admira Fusion is direct restorative that combines nano-hybrid technology and Ormocer technology. It handles similarly to resin composite, yet this all ceramic-based material is completely free of classic monomers. Admira Fusion has a filler content of 84% by weight, flexural strength of 132 MPa, and a compressive strength of 307 MPa. Its depth of cure is 2.7 mm. Admira Fusion is available in 18 shades in three levels of translucency. It is supplied in 3 g syringes and individually packaged 0.2 g capsules. Curing time is 20 seconds for most shades. Admira Fusion is indicated for all classes of direct restorations. Additionally VOCO offers Admira Fusion x-tra, a universal shade, bulk fill material with a 4 mm depth of cure.
- Ormocer (organically modified ceramic) is a combination of inorganic (ceramic) and organic materials. Unlike conventional polymers, Ormocers have an inorganic backbone based on SiO2 and are functionalized with polymerizable organic units.
- Silicon oxide forms the chemistry for the fillers and the resin matrix, resulting in the first all ceramic-based restorative material. It contains no classic monomers (BISGMA, UDMA, HEMA, TEGDMA, etc.).
- Biocompatibility is improved through the absence of traditional monomers and Admira Fusion’s high degree of cross-linking.
- Low polymerization shrinkage and shrinkage stress results in a potentially more durable restoration; in addition, color stability and surface hardness are increased.
- Admira Fusion was evaluated by 25 consultants in 693 of uses.
- Compatible with conventional bonding agents.
- Material sculpts smoothly and is not sticky during placement.
- Good balance of translucency and opacity for blending with enamel.
- Polishes to a glossy surface.