Ask the Editors
- Is there an easy way to ensure that an alginate impression has set completely?
- My assistants have trouble mixing alginate consistently without bubbles, and they often make the alginate mix either too thick or too thin. This results in much waste of material and remakes of impressions. Any suggestions?
- I like alginate for many reasons. It is cost effective and accurate for making items such as bleaching trays, diagnostic casts, and night guards. However, I would like a product that has a little more flexibility with time for pouring. Are there any such alginates?
- Are the extended storage alginates really more stable than traditional alginate impression materials?
- Are the properties of extended storage alginates comparable to traditional alginates?
- What is the clinical advantage of the extended storage alginates?