- “This is a brilliant dispensing system, the gel is fantastic and stays where you put it.”
- “Easy to dispense the amount you need.”
- “I liked using finger application best. It’s also easy to apply using a Q-tip or a microbrush.”
- “More ‘natural’ than other products.”
- “I would like to use it to treat chronic sensitivity, not as a one-time treatment for acute sensitivity.”
- “Patients were comfortable when we used the gel.”
- “I liked everything about the product, it worked very well in our office.”
- “I would like to see the gel available in unit doses for home use.”
- “I would like to know more about the ingredients and the benefits of the calcium.”
- Use a tiny brush or cotton tip applicator for application.
- Isolate the area well, so that the material is not diluted.
- We place it in the short side of the Dappen dish and apply it with a white microbrush.
- Let patients know that the relief from sensitivity will increase with repeated at-home applications.
UNO Gel was evaluated by 30 consultants, with an average of 17 uses per consultant.
- Easy dispensing.
- Creamy, smooth viscosity.
- Easy application in-office and at home.
- Can be applied in several ways.
- Tasteless and odorless.
- Reduces sensitivity in office.
- Good instructions for use.
- At-home twice-daily application builds up and then maintains the reduction in sensitivity.
UNO Gel is a topical desensitizing gel that contains “Bioschell,” which binds to dentin and enamel, attracts calcium and phosphate, and occludes dentinal tubules; the gel also contains 10% xylitol. UNO Gel is clear, odorless, tasteless, and non-irritating to gingival tissue. It is quick and easy to dispense and apply. When used in-office, a thin uniform layer should be applied and left in place for 2-4 minutes, after which patients should not rinse, eat or drink for 10 minutes. For at-home use, the gel may be applied twice-daily with a clean finger, after brushing, and the patient should not rinse or eat/drink anything for at least 10 minutes after application. UNO Gel is delivered in a pump dispensing system, and supplied in a 30mL bottle for home use.
- In-office management of hypersensitivity, including before and after dental procedures.
- At-home treatment of dentinal hypersensitivity.
UNO Gel is fluoride-, paraben-, gluten- and lactose-free. It is made with tooth friendly ingredients, which help strengthen enamel and prevent build-up of plaque. “BioSchell” contains bioactive polymers. It has a unique dispensing system.