- “Desensitizes under composite and amalgam.”
- “Easy to apply, not messy, and I like that it’s a single bottle.”
- “It works most of the time.”
- “Initial relief was good but seemed to wear off after about a week.”
- “Effectiveness wears off especially with patients that brush rather vigorously.”
- “The necessity to use a rubber dam is very inconvenient.”
- “I had difficulty dealing with sensitive root structure while needing to use a rubber dam and avoid gingival contact. The instructions stress no contact with skin or mucosa.”
Perfect Desensitizer was evaluated by 29 consultants, with a total of 457 uses.
- In-office use.
- Easy dispensing and application.
- Occludes dentinal tubules.
- Immediate relief.
- Requires use of a rubber dam.
- Versatile – desensitizes cervical areas and teeth after preparation.
- Can be used as a desensitizer under direct and indirect restorations, and on exposed cervical areas.
- Contains HEMA and glutaraldehyde.
- In-office desensitizer for exposed cervical areas.
- In-office desensitizer for preparations prior to placement of direct and indirect restorations.
Perfect Desensitizer is an in-office topical desensitizing liquid that occludes the dentinal tubules. It is applied to a clean surface after first placing a rubber dam. After application, the liquid should be left on the surface undisturbed for 30 to 60 seconds, before gently drying it using compressed air from the air/water syringe tip. After drying, the area should be rinsed. Contact with skin, mucosa, pulpal tissue and eyes must be avoided. Perfect Desensitizer is available in 5 mL bottles, has a 24-month shelf life from the date of manufacture and requires refrigeration for storage.