Temp-it and Temp-it Flow (2020 Product Award)
- “I liked the adaptability – I was able to shape it very nicely.”
- “Ready to use, easy to place, quick set.”
- “Both versions offer the look and feel of a composite material.”
- “I am a long time Fermit™ user who finally found a better material to switch to!”
- “If you have used any other light-cured temporary material, this will be a distinct improvement over those previous products.”
- “Placement was sometimes difficult.”
- “Colors are not cosmetic.”
- Light-cured, 20-second cure time
- Sets firm yet flexible
- Non-sticky placement
- Low-viscosity flowable option, ideal for deep inlays
- Elasticity allows for removal in one piece
- Low shrinkage, after curing, of 0.07%
- Try Temp-it Flow for repairing provisional margins.
- I had a patient come in at the end of the day that lost a crown on #19. I used the Temp-it as a provisional crown and it worked great in a pinch until he was able to come back for the impression.
- The blue color is great for contrast with implant screws.
- Removal can be difficult if there are any undercuts.
- Build up as you do a composite and cure.
- The flow material is great for implant access holes.
Temp-it and Temp-it Flow were evaluated by 29 consultants, with a total of 591 uses.
- Easy to use
- One-piece removal
- Strong and polishable
- Two viscosities
- Temporization of inlay and onlay restorations
- Sealing of implant screw access openings
- Temporization of missing restoration/tooth structure
Temp-it is a light-cured temporary restorative material with high elasticity. The high elasticity of this material allows for one-piece removal. It is available in two types, a high-viscosity (Temp-it) and a low-viscosity (Temp-it Flow). Temp-it is available in 3 g syringes and Temp-it Flow is available in 1.2 mL syringes. Both viscosities are available in yellow or blue shades.