iStar™ Cordless Prophy Handpiece
- “The ability to use any prophy angle with it is a very good feature.”
- “I love that it is lightweight, cordless and mobile.”
- “Great product.”
- “Easy to use and I like that you don’t have to lube it.”
- “Very good for prophies in wheelchairs and for children on laps.”
- “Very quiet during use.”
- “I experienced less hand fatigue using this handpiece.”
- “Ergonomic and very easy to maneuver.”
iStar Cordless Prophy Handpieces were evaluated by 14 consultants, in total 1339 times.
- Ergonomic design.
- Quiet during use.
- Can be used with any brand of prophy angle.
- Great versatility.
All clinical procedures requiring use of a prophy handpiece.
iStar™ Cordless Prophy Handpiece from StarDental® is a cordless, rechargeable prophylaxis handpiece that can be used with any disposable prophy angle. The handpiece weighs 90 g, has five speed settings, and a maximum cup speed of 2,500 rpm. Its cordless design is ergonomic, and it does not involve use of a foot control. The motor is designed to be lube-free. The handpiece requires an initial charge for at least 90 minutes and should be replaced in the cradle to re-charge between treating patients. The degree of charge is indicated visually by lights on the handpiece. The iStar Cordless Prophy Handpiece is non-autoclavable, comes with 100 disposable barrier sleeves, and should be wiped with isopropyl alcohol after each use. It comes with a one-year warranty on the handpiece and a three-year warranty on the battery.