- “Works great as a liner.”
- “Non-sticky and easy to dispense, handle, place and pack.”
- “For my older patients, this product has proven to be an excellent way to go.”
- “I would like a greater range of shades and more translucency.”
- “The dispenser is more like a composite gun, which is good!”
- “It flowed well, stayed in place and wasn’t runny, and marginal adaptation was good.”
- Great option for pediatric and Class V restorations.
- Wait a few seconds after it is placed before you manipulate it or try to condense it.
- Pack it using a moist cotton pellet.
- You have to work fast. Finish basic anatomy quickly as the material gets tough to contour as it sets.
- Squeeze the dispensing gun gently to avoid the material shooting out.
Ionostar Plus was evaluated by 29 consultants for a total of 527 times.
- Easy to use.
- Non-sticky, easy to place and pack.
- Good marginal adaptation.
- Fast setting time.
- Releases fluoride.
- Low stickiness
- Initial wetting which results in excellent marginal adaptation
- Tooth-like fluorescence
- Sites with root caries
- Single- and multi-surface temporary restorations
- Core build-ups
- Extended fissure sealing
- Restorations in primary teeth
- Non-occlusion (non-stress) bearing areas
- Semi-permanent Class I and Class II restorations
- Class III and V restorations
IonoStar Plus is a fast-setting, radiopaque, bulk-fill glass ionomer restorative material. Its wetting properties help to optimize marginal adaptation. In addition, it can be packed immediately after placement, is malleable for 1 minute, cures in 2 minutes, and offers high fluoride release. The restorative material is contained in a direct activation capsule. The capsule is activated by pressing it down on a hard surface and is then triturated, after which the tip is turned upwards for application of the material into the preparation. IonoStar Plus is available in shades A1, A2, A3 and A3.5 in boxes containing 20 capsules of one shade. Boxes of 50 capsules with 10 capsules each of shades A1 and A3 together with 30 capsules of shade A2 are also available, as well as boxes of 150 capsules in shades A2 or A3.