EZ-Fit Translucent Post System
Essential Dental Systems www.edsdental.com
- “The undercuts secure core material tenaciously.”
- “Easy to use and consistent results.”
- “The second tier makes it more secure.”
- “Great physical characteristics.”
- “Preparing the second tier requires longer chair time.”
- “The posts are short for some teeth with longer roots.”
- “I did not feel that the posts showed up very well on radiographs.”
- Any procedure where a post is needed in the root canal to stabilize and support a restoration
- Make sure there is adequate preparation for the wider positive seating head so the post will fit properly.
- Have enough access opening to fit the shank of the second drill into the post preparation.
- These drills are sharp! Angulation and canal size awareness is needed to avoid root penetration.
- Undercuts in the positive seating head allow for greater core retention
- Positive seating head for greater stability
- Translucency reduces shadowing for a more esthetic final restoration and allows for curing light use
- Multiple tiers countersink the post into the tooth preventing high apical stress under function
EZ-Fit® Translucent Post System is a highly translucent post system that:
- Allows for optimal use of light-cured, dual-cured, and self-cured cements and core materials
- Eliminates shadows through composite restorations at the crown
- Has high strength due to unidirectional fibers
- Has multiple tiers allowing for optimum dentin-to fiber contact
- Evenly distributes stresses and maximizes retention
- Has undercuts in shank that lock the post into the root, providing high post retention