- “The tip is incredible and by far the most flexible tip I’ve seen. It’s easily bent and rebent in any direction, and does not kink.”
- “Cordless and stayed charged.”
- “The tips are flexible enough to navigate around some curves, but stiff enough to not bend when advancing through those curves.”
- “We were able to control flow. It was easy to fill the canal after the master cone.”
- “I was impressed at how easy this gun is to use and became very comfortable with it.”
- “I would prefer to know how much of the pellet is left.”
- The tip is soft and flexible enough that the tip bender is not required most of the time.
- Very similar to comparable units – short learning curve.
- Retraction is a must – the metal tip is hot.
Duo-Gun was evaluated by 10 consultants and used a total of 256 times.
- Cordless and easy to use.
- Flexible, bendable obturation tips.
- Effective in obturating canals.
- Reliable and consistent gutta percha flow.
- Short time to charge and good battery life.
- Flexible and bendable obturation tips available in 23G and 25G.
- Variable temperature settings (140°C, 170°C and 200°C).
- Power button and display on both sides of handpiece.
- Ergonomically designed – operate hand trigger obturation with minimal effort.
- High-energy, replaceable lithium-ion battery.
- Root canal obturation (backfill obturation).
Duo-Gun is a cordless, backfill obturation device designed to deliver a fast and continuous flow of gutta percha, and precise three-dimensional obturation. The heating system has a variable temperature setting and reaches 200°C within 15 seconds. The obturation tips are flexible yet extremely strong, and the thin tips enable access into narrow root canals. The handpiece is designed for left- and right-handed clinicians, with complete freedom of movement, and has a power button and display window on both sides. The display window shows the temperature and remaining battery power. The device can also be used to finish obturation after the master cone technique has been used. Duo-Gun is available as a kit containing the handpiece, charger, gutta percha obturation tips (23G, 4/box), plunger set, multi-tool, safety caps (2/pack), plunger O-ring assembly (2/pack), scrubbing brush, battery, and power adapter, and cord. Individual components are also available, including 23G and 25G obturation tips. Duo-Gun and Duo-Pen can be purchased together as a set called Dia-Duo.