3M ESPE RelyX Temp NE (abridged)
- “My assistants love the tubes – easy to use, not messy.”
- “This material did a great job retaining temporaries.”
- “I am switching to RelyX Temp NE.”
- “It is easiest to remove the excess once the cement is set.”
- “I would like a faster setting version.”
3M ESPE RelyX Temp NE is a non-eugenol, zinc oxide temporary cement formerly known as Procem. This two-paste system is supplied in plastic tubes of catalyst (16 g) and base (36 g) pastes. Equal lengths are dispensed onto a pad and mixed to a uniform consistency. Working time is 1:30 and intraoral setting occurs in 3:30. RelyX Temp NE was evaluated by 29 consultants in over 500 temporary restorations. This product received a 96% clinical rating.
Editors’ Note: The original evaluation was published in THE DENTAL ADVISOR, Vol. 20, No. 5, June 2003.