Take 1 Retraction Paste
Kerr Corporation www.kerrdental.com
- 34 Clinical Evaluators
- 967 Total Uses
- 87% Clinical Rating
- “The impressions obtained after using Take 1 were smooth and detailed.”
- “The low viscosity is much better than Traxodent.”
- “I do Cerec crowns every day and it achieves excellent hemostasis and retraction to view the crown margins.”
- “I used Take 1 instead of a second cord in a two-cord technique. I hate packing cord and Take 1 eliminated the need for the second cord effectively.”
- “Does not retract tissue as well as the current product I use.”
- “The high viscosity was difficult to extrude, and the tip was too wide.”
- “If the tissue was compromised, the margin was not always picked up in the impression.”
- “Easy to apply and clean – excellent product.”
- Both traditional and digital impressions
- Veneer or crown cementation
- Class II, Class III, and V restorations
- If the patient has tight tissue, it is difficult to get the high-viscosity paste intra-sulcular. In these cases, it is better to use the “two-cord” technique replacing the second cord with the low-viscosity paste.
- Take a pre-impression bite and then apply the Take 1 into the bite and reseat it for great hemostasis and retraction.
- Use of compression caps greatly increases amount of retraction.
- For the high-viscosity version, use a wet finger and pat in the material into the sulcus.
Take 1™ Retraction Paste unidose delivery, retraction and hemostasis paste:
- 15% aluminum chloride and kaolin clay provide hemostasis and gentle retraction
- Designed to deliver tissue displacement to enhance or replace a cord technique
- Universally compatible with standard composite dispensers
- Each unidose is individually packed to keep material fresh
- Available in Low Viscosity and High Viscosity:
− High Viscosity: thicker paste to achieve gentle retraction and hemostasis without a cord
− Low Viscosity: thinner paste to achieve retraction or replace the second cord in a double-cord technique while providing hemostasis
- Quick clean up with rinsing and air drying to remove residue
- Firm, dense foam compression caps