Kerr Corporation www.kerrdental.com
- 37 Clinical Evaluators
- 909 Total Uses
- 91% Clinical Rating
- “I loved the ease of working with this composite. The finish is beautiful. Shade match was excellent. I loved how my fillings looked. It was hard to tell what’s tooth and what’s filling.”
- “Delivery system is innovative and allows for faster placement.”
- “Loved the consistency during packing. We normally use a flowable as a liner and this material eliminates that step.”
- “I liked the way it adapts to the cavity form and walls.”
- “It has a thicker tip that was challenging to place inside small proximal boxes.”
- “The handpiece makes a noise that is very noticeable at first.”
- “I encountered occasions where I would find a void in the proximal box of a Class II. However, I found that keeping the tip submerged while dispensing prevents voids.”
- Direct placement in all cavity classes, both in anterior and posterior teeth
- Base/liner material
- Repair of enamel defects, provisionals, and porcelain restorations
- Pit and fissure sealants
- Luting of composite/ceramic veneers
- Incisal abrasions and minor occlusal build-ups
- The material straddles the line between a flowable and a packable composite. Those who like to sculpt a lot of anatomy before curing may find this material a little difficult to sculpt.
- The handpiece works best at 30-50 psi.
- Remember that you can adjust the speed dial on the bottom depending on your preference and size of your restoration.
- Take your time to polish, because the result will be fantastic!
- Make sure to turn off the water when switching from your handpiece to the SonicFill 3 handpiece.
SonicFill 3 is a sonic-activated, bulk-fill composite system that:
- Uses sonic energy from a special handpiece to reduce the viscosity of the composite material, making it flowable upon placement.
- Once the sonic energy from the handpiece is removed, the material becomes sculptable.
- Possesses a high depth of cure (5 mm).
- Helps you craft quality restorations in one efficient step by eliminating the need for a liner or capping layer.
- KaVo MULTIflex coupler required for use
- Bulk fill up to 5 mm
- Better non-sticky handling compared to previous versions
- Sonic handpiece that makes material flowable during placement
- One-step placement with no need for placing a liner or final capping layer