- “Provides a surface that holds the first layer of resin material very well.”
- “Quick and easy application.”
- “Invisible following application and absolutely no ‘white line’ margins.”
- “I like the fact you can use it as a self-cure material.”
- “It would be nice if it did not require refrigeration.”
- “The bottles need ‘step’ numbers on them to distinguish the sequence of use.”
- “It would be good if was one application for dentin, rather than two.”
- Use a smaller diameter brush.
- Use a larger brush head to hold more material.
- Open the bottle away from the patient as it has a strong odor.
- Dispense the primer just before you need it, to avoid evaporation.
- The primed surfaces gloss is better if the tooth is slightly wet before applying the primer.
PRIMA Quick was evaluated by 33 consultants, with an average of 20 uses per consultant.
- Great for anterior composites.
- Good esthetics and a strong bond.
- Predictable handling, easy to dispense and apply, and the film thickness is low.
- Very good wettability with both the primer and the bonding agent.
- Covered the tooth/preparation very easily.
- Patients had no post-operative sensitivity.
- A few patients commented about the strong odor.
- The application technique is a tad time consuming.
- The microbrush brush head is large and the thin neck bends a bit too easily.
PRIMA Quick is a 6th-generation, self-etching, two-bottle primer and bonding agent adhesive system. After application, the primer is left undisturbed for 15 seconds before blowing air over it for at least 10 seconds to remove the solvents. The bonding agent is then applied and air blown for at least 10 seconds to remove solvents or until no visible movement is present. Next, the bonding agent is light-cured (20 seconds) or self-cured if the Auto Cure Activator was added. A second application is required for preparations primarily in dentin, but not cured. For indirect restorations, the PRIMA Quick adhesive system is used in conjunction with High-Q-Bond adhesive resin cement. PRIMA Quick consists of a 10 mL bottle each of primer and bonding agent, accompanied by microbrushes, a mixing well and a laminated instruction card. PRIMA Quick must be kept refrigerated.
PRIMA Quick can be be self-cured if the Auto Cure Activator was added to the bonding agent, rather than light-cured for 20 seconds.
- Use for composite and compomer direct restorations.
- Use for self-cure and light-cure composite resin cements for crowns, bridges, inlays and onlays.
- Core Build-up and post cementation