Knit-Pak+™AICI3 Impregnated Knitted Cord (2019 Award Winner)
- “The 000.0 size is an excellent addition to the traditional cord sizes.”
- “KnitPak+ is far more resistant to shredding and wrapping around a high speed bur.”
- “I love using the double- and triple-zero for two-cord technique.”
- “Cord is a little stiff.”
- “I would like to see better hemostasis.”
Knit-Pak+™AICI3 retraction cord is manufactured from microfibers impregnated with aluminum chloride to promote hemostasis. Knit-Pak+™AICI3 comes in an 100-inch spool in a plastic vial with a ceramic cutting blade. Cords and labeling are color-coded by size. It is available in 6 sizes including 000.0, 000, 00, 0, 1, and 2. The 000.0 size is the smallest diameter cord on the market. Knit-Pak+™AICI3 was evaluated by 32 consultants in 821 uses. This retraction cord received a 92% clinical rating.
Knit-Pak+™AICI3 slides smoothly into the sulcus, and the knitted fiber resists fraying at the ends. When dry, the cord was a little stiff – especially the larger sizes – and could rebound out of the sulcus. The size selection was excellent, and consultants found the 000.0 size useful when using a two-cord technique. The presence of aluminum chloride in the cord is convenient, but it did not produce the level of hemostasis expected. Color-coding of the containers allows quick selection of the desired cord. The ceramic blade on the lid cuts the cord cleanly and the cut section of cord is held in place by the lid until lifted off.
- Place a small (000 or 000.0) Knit-Pak+™AICI3 cord into the sulcus before beginning the preparation. This retracts the tissue and guides the preparation depth. After preparing the tooth, place a larger cord over smaller one, allowing for 1-2 minutes retraction. Remove the top cord and take the impression.