- 32 Clinical Evaluators
- 452 Total Uses
- 88% Clinical Rating
- “Works great for profound anesthesia of mucous membrane areas and for a long duration.”
- “Patients felt a benefit and always commented how much more comfortable their experience was.”
- “A patient who was nervous about a general cleaning was at ease when they rinsed.”
- “If you have patients that gag, use this…it works!”
- “This product is a keeper!”
- “It is nice to have this type of product, it should be in every dental office.”
- “Full-mouth topical that is easy to use.”
- “Needs to be available in a variety of flavors, the current flavor is not desirable.”
- “Onset can be rather slow, at up to 10 minutes, to achieve full potency.”
- Scaling and root planning.
- Blocking the gag reflex.
- Local numbing of mucous membrane prior to injection of local anesthetics.
- Have the patient rinse once, grossly debride, and then have them rinse again.
- Do not be tempted to add mouthwash to change the taste, it is not indicated by the manufacturer and at a minimum it dilutes it.
- Let the patient know ahead of time about the taste and that it will numb tissue more than tooth root surfaces, including their tongue.
- Have the patient rinse or swish for at least a full minute and half. Swishing for over a minute feels like a long time. Have a timer set.
- If you are trying to avoid the liquid going into the back of the throat, have them lean their head forward when swishing.
- Use at first gag. It makes life easier.
- Make sure to tell the patient not swallow the product.
- Have the patient rinse immediately. Allow a full 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the procedure so the onset of anesthesia can have full impact.
- DycloPro is administered as a liquid that the patient can swish (like mouthwash) or gargle depending on the target and intended use.
- Dispensed in 1-oz bottles for single patient use or multiple uses.
DycloPro topical anesthetic is:
- An old favorite that has returned to the U.S. market in liquid form.
- A topical rinse.
- Dyclonine Hydrochloride topical solution 0.5%.