- “Super easy and quick application.”
- “Tissue responds very well and quickly.”
- “No taste, so even kids didn’t object.”
- “Patients did not notice the film as much as they do with fluoride varnish.”
- “It was very effective against sensitivity.”
- “Bottle drips out too much.”
- “Inconvenient that it needs to be refrigerated.”
- “It was a bit runny and didn’t adhere like fluoride varnish.”
- Protection of exposed root surfaces
- Treatment of hypersensitive cervical areas
- Prevention of white spot lesions adjacent to orthodontic brackets
- Proper isolation is essential for the best results.
- Use for orthodontic patients with poor oral hygiene that have already started developing decalcifications.
- Have readily available in hygiene appointments for high-risk patients.
Cervitec Plus varnish contains a combination of the active ingredients, chlorhexidine and thymol. Chlorhexidine diacetate is an antimicrobial that has long been used in dentistry to reduce bacteria known to cause plaque formation, inflammation, and caries. Thymol, derived from oil of thyme, is a common ingredient found in oral mouth rinses because of its antiseptic characteristics.
- Allows for selective placement to targeted areas for both reduction of bacteria and for desensitization of hypersensitive dentin.
- Available in a 20-count box of 0.25 g single dose packets or in a 7 g tube.
Cervitec Plus is ideal for use:
- In areas susceptible to caries (e.g., fissures, root surfaces)
- Around orthodontic brackets to prevent white spot lesions
- On existing white spot lesions
- Along the margins of implants, crowns, and bridges
- After temporary restoration placement
- After scaling and root planing