CanalPro Apex Locator
- “This is an amazing apex locator. the visuals make finding the canal length so easy.”
- “Easy to use, accurate and reliable.”
- “One can never get canals completely dry. I like not having to worry about that.”
- “Great clip for holding the file.”
- “I didn’t have to move my file apically and back a few times to get a solid reading.”
- “The visual display is excellent. Love the color display side by side graphics.”
- “After a few procedures I came to have complete faith in the accuracy of the readings.”
- “Love that it also gives you a reading beyond the apex.”
- “Seemed to be very effective in moist conditions.”
- “User friendly and compact.”
- “Not good with metal restorative materials nearby.”
- “The clip cord is too short to place this device on a counter top adjacent to the dental chair.”
- “The file holder could be a little smaller.”
- “A little difficult and some inaccuracy in wet canals.”
- Once a reading of apex is reached, ensure the reading moves up and down consistently with the file.
- Use a longer file than normal in order to have enough length to measure.
- Learn the audio ‘beep pattern’ so you don’t need to look up at the display while working.
- The touch attachment really comes in handy when the file stopper is close to the handle and in a tight space like second molars.
Canal Pro Apex Locator was evaluated by 20 consultants and used 316 times in total.
- Easy-to-use, accurate and reliable
- Excellent 3D visual display
- Allows marking to a pre-determined length
- Ergonomically designed
- Built-in demo mode and self-test
- Can be used under wet or dry conditions
- Includes audio feedback with volume control
- 3D color display with animation, showing the movement of the file in the root canal
- No need for signal filtering or noise elimination
- Signal intensity calculates the file tip position, making the measurement immune to electromagnetic interference
CanalPro Apex Locator is a digital device that indicates when an endodontic file reaches the apical foramen of the root canal. Measurements are made using
high- and low-frequency AC signals and the impedance of the area of the canal is obtained during advancement of the file inside the root canal. The file position relative to the apex is then calculated using a proprietary software algorithm and displayed on the colored 3D panel screen. The Virtual Apex Function allows the clinician to mark a predetermined distance from the apex prior to measurement, with clear visual and audio notification once the file tip has reached the selected mark. CanalPro Apex Locator is designed to be user-friendly and ergonomic, incorporating audio feedback with volume control, a built-in demo mode, rechargeable battery, and automated off function after five minutes of non-use. It can be used under wet and dry conditions. CanalPro Apex Locator is available together with a charger, measuring cable, touch probe, two file clips, and five lip clips. Measuring cables, chargers and rechargeable batteries can also be purchased individually. File clips and touch probes are available in packs of two, and lip clips in packs of five.