Visalys Core (2020 Product Award)
Visalys Core® from Kettenbach is a dual-curing, radiopaque composite that contains fluoride and is BPA free. It is indicated for core build-ups and cementing root posts. Visalys Core is available in white and dentin shades. Light curing time is 20 seconds; self-curing requires 5 minutes.
Visalys Core may be used with any light- or dual-cure adhesive of any generation. Active-Connect-Technology ensures compatibility with any adhesive: light or dual-curing, single-stage or multi-stage adhesives, with or without an additional activator.
- “Being able to use any adhesive simplifies my procedure set-up.”
- “Excellent viscosity for post cementation.”
- “The cured material is easy to prep.”
Visalys Core was evaluated by 28 consultants in 563 uses.
- The short mixing tips minimize waste.
- Narrow intraoral tips allow placement in canals and around posts.
- The large automix cartridge is economical but is not conducive to precise placement.
- Visalys Core can be applied directly into the cavity, flows smoothly into the root canal, and remains stable when building up the core without slumping.
- The dual cure allows plenty of working time.
- The dentin shade blends well for esthetic restorations.
- The white shade had medium opacity and is visible without being stark white.
- The hardness of the cured material provides appropriate resistance to burs when transitioning from dentin to the core material.
- Diamonds do not ditch or gouge the core.
- Material lacks distinct radiopacity.