Tokuyama Universal Bond (2020 Product Award)
Tokuyama Dental America Inc. www.tokuyama-us.com
- 33 Clinical Evaluators
- 686 Total Uses
- 92% Clinical Rating
- “Great product. Easy to apply, fast, and no wait time.”
- “I like that you don’t have to light-cure.”
- “Good viscosity with minimal film thickness, making it easy to apply.”
- “A wonderful material for deeper preparations and post and core build-up placement.”
- “Fantastic spread of flowable restorative composite across the bonding agent.”
- “Excellent for intra/extra oral repair of porcelain and great for hard-to-reach places.”
- “I liked that I could use it as the primer for zirconia and lithium disilicate crowns.”
- “Great versatility and the flexibility to use in any etching mode.”
- “I didn’t like having to refrigerate it.”
- “It was difficult to dispense perfect drops from both bottles.”
- Bonding of direct anterior and posterior composite restorations
- Intraoral repair of composite restorations, porcelain-fused-to-metal, metal, and all ceramic restorations
- Cementation of indirect restorations and veneers when combined with light-cured, dual-cured or self-cured resin cements
- Bonding of core build-ups and opaque resin-to-metal during fabrication of resin-faced crowns
- Bonding of denture resin to a metal base, clasp or attachment
- The color helps to ensure the bonding agent is placed exactly.
- Make sure the area is dry.
- Use a different bonding agent to “wet” your plastic instrument when placing composites.
Tokuyama Universal Bond is a universal bonding agent that:
- Can be used with self-etch, selective etch, or total etch techniques
- Provides high-bond strength and reliable bonding for direct and indirect restorations, core build-ups, and for the intraoral repair of restorations
- Has is no wait time after application, as it is self-curing
- Compatible with light-curing, dual-curing and self-curing composites without use of additional activators.
- Suitable for use as a primer for silica-based, zirconia-based and metallic restorations.
- Self-cured chemistry provides reliable bond in deep preparations, posts and core-build ups that are difficult to reach with a curing light.
- 25-second application and no wait time after application.