Select Supra Temp
- “Very good detail reproduction and good fit.”
- “Strong material.”
- “Polishes well.”
- “Forgiving of undercuts.”
- “The final cure is longer than others if not placed in hot water.”
- “Sticky residue on adjacent teeth.”
Select Supra Temp is a bisacryl provisional crown and bridge material indicated for single or multiple-unit temporary crowns, bridges, onlays and veneers. The formulation is free of methyl methacrylate and may be used for short- or long-term applications. Select Supra Temp is available in five shades, A1, A2, A3, B1 and Bleach, and is dispensed from a 50 mL cartridge. Select Supra Temp has a working time of 50 seconds, can be removed from the mouth after 1 to 2 minutes, and has a final setting time of 6 minutes. Each cartridge of material includes 10 mixing tips. Select Supra Temp was evaluated by 25 consultants in 481 uses. This provisional crown and bridge material received an 86% clinical rating.
Select Supra Temp produces hard, strong provisional restorations that are easy to trim. The shades are accurate and the esthetics was rated very good. Many consultants found the overall setting time too long unless hot water was used. While the hot water added an extra step, provisional restorations were hard when removed, and margins could be finished to fine edges. Twenty-four percent of consultants rated Select Supra Temp better than other provisional material they were using and 40% rated it equivalent. Forty-eight percent would switch to Select Supra Temp and 64% would recommend it to a colleague.
- Select Supra Temp can be repaired using any light- or self-cured composite
- Curing time can be shortened by placing the provisional restoration in hot water. The material sets hard without shrinkage, which allows for a hard surface that can be easily trimmed.
Select SupraTemp is not sold in the U.S.