- 41 Dental Professionals
- 1529 Total Uses
- 96% Clinical Rating
- “Easy application, even in less-than-ideal situations.”
- “I received good feedback from patients that their sensitivity was reduced.”
- “Great flavor selection and patients liked the taste.”
- “I like that the color of the material does not stand out on a patients’ teeth.”
- “Teeth can be moist while applying this varnish.”
- “I did not like the immediate setting and crystallization of the fluoride while applying it in too moist an environment.”
- “It adheres to the teeth quickly and very effectively.”
Profluorid Varnish is a 5% sodium fluoride varnish.
- Non-messy, single-dose delivery system that includes the applicator brush.
- Transparent, tooth-shaded color – no obvious appearance on patient’s teeth.
- Five flavors: Melon, Cherry, Mint, Caramel, and Bubblegum.*
- Contains Xylitol.
- Does not contain common allergens: tree nuts, peanuts, corn, shellfish, eggs, milk protein, soy, gluten, triclosan, petroleum, red dye/artificial coloring, saccharin or aspartame.
*New Cola Lime flavor added since this evaluation
- Teeth do not have to be dry to apply – they can be moist.
- Sets quickly in seconds after contact with saliva.
- Enhanced flow characteristics to reach areas that otherwise may be missed.
- To achieve optimum sensitivity relief, I found that two applications worked the best.
- If too much is applied, it gets goopy when mixed with saliva. Therefore, when placing make sure to focus on applying a thin coat.
- Be mindful of placement, as it can be a hassle to remove from soft tissues.