PANAVIA SA Cement Plus
- “Very easy to use, a go-to material for cementation.”
- “Easy to work with and easy clean-up.”
- “It doesn’t set up too quickly when spot curing it. You hit it for a second or two, and the excess will peel right away from the margin.”
- “It’s quick and simple to use. We had no retention or sensitivity issues.”
- “I like that you can use cement in a moist environment.”
- “I really liked the mixing tip and ease of placement of cement.”
- “Flossing with a knot easily takes care of interproximal cement.”
- “Do not use more than is needed. If you do, it will ooze to adjacent areas.”
- “Use a microbrush for initial clean-up, prior to tack curing.”
- “Work quickly, the cement sets very fast. If you need to reseat the crown, work quickly to remove any excess cement from the prep immediately.”
Panavia SA Cement Plus was evaluated by 28 consultants.
- “The automix cartridge is a bit bulky, but not excessively. I would prefer a smaller auto-mix syringe.”
- “It would be good to be able to apply the cement using a cannula.”
- “The delivery system needs finer tips that can be adapted to a location.”
PANAVIA SA Cement Plus is a dual-cured, self-adhesive resin cement. It is indicated for the cementation of crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, posts and cores, implant restorations on abutments and frames, and for adhesive bridges and splints. PANAVIA SA Cement Plus bonds to enamel, dentin, metal, and zirconia. It can also be used to bond lithium disilicate restorations, provided CLEARFIL CERAMIC PRIMER PLUS is used first. PANAVIA SA Cement Plus is tolerant of moist and dry tooth structure during bonding and has a working time of 1 minute after initial dispensing and 40 seconds after seating. When light-cured, tack-curing takes just 2 to 5 seconds and final curing takes 10 seconds. When self-cured, tack curing takes 2 to 4 minutes and 5 to 7 minutes at 99°F and 73°F, respectively, and final curing 5 minutes and 12 minutes, respectively. PANAVIA SA Cement Plus offers excellent bond strength and viscosity, and releases fluoride. Cleanup is easy, with excess peeling away after tack-curing. It is packaged in 8g automix syringes in translucent, universal and white shades, and comes with 20 mixing tips that are used to mix and extrude it directly onto the restoration being cemented. Hand mix syringes are also available.