Kerr Corporation www.kerrdental.com
- 43 Clinical Evaluators
- 1304 Total Uses
- 92% Clinical Rating
- “An outstanding composite that should be in every dentist’s armamentarium of go-to restorative materials.”
- “Good product that is very useful in most clinical cases with minimal inventory or material.”
- “Superior handling properties.”
- “Good addition for difficult matching situations.”
- “Excellent handling characteristics with a superior chameleon effect, even without blockers.”
- “Too translucent for certain instances.”
- “A good product for anteriors; however, I prefer a bit more firmness in a posterior composite.”
- Direct placement in anterior and posterior teeth
- Core build-ups
- Repair of porcelain and composite restorations
- If you are going to use this material consistently, arrange the VITA shade guide light to dark to correspond to OptiShade light to dark equivalent shades.
- Polish with diamond paste and you will get a glassy smooth finish that rivals your most beautiful glass-ceramic restorations.
- If you have to choose between light and medium, go for the light because it tends to err on the side of darker.
OptiShade is a nano-hybrid composite resin that:
- Matches all 16 VITA classic shades with just 3 shades: Light, Medium, and Dark
- Is designed for use in all cavity classes without the need for a blocker
- Incorporates the Adaptive Response Technology (ART) filler network, also found in Harmonize which enables dynamic viscosity for superior handling and optical characteristics that mimic human enamel.
- Reduces composite inventory
- Makes shade selection simpler and faster
- Excellent esthetics
- Also available in a bleach shade and a universal opaque shade