OptiBond eXTRa Universal
Kerr Corporation www.kerrdental.com
- 29 Clinical Evaluators
- 749 Total Uses
- 93% Clinical Rating
- “Wide range of applications. Can be used for virtually every situation – no etch required.”
- “Good wettability.”
- “I place engagers for Invisalign on porcelain crowns and I’m getting great retention.”
- “No post-operative sensitivity.”
- “I liked that it has a thinner film thickness than most two-step bonding agents.”
- “Unidose containers have a flat bottom, so they are very stable.”
- “Being a two-step process does take additional time.”
- “The tabs on the unidose containers can be difficult to open – liquid can be lost.”
- “Application includes a 20-second scrub time.”
- Light-cured composite and compomer restorations
- Porcelain, composite and metal-based inlays, onlays, crowns and bridges
- Composite/ceramic/metal repairs
- Cavity sealing for amalgam restorations
- Light-cured or dual-cured core buildups
- Cavity sealing as a pretreatment for indirect restorations
- Endodontic posts
- For quadrant dentistry, there is enough to use in one unidose container.
- Be careful when applying – it can be a bit ‘runny’ and irritate the surrounding gingiva.
- Use a thicker microbrush with the primer to make sure it’s adequately covering the surface.
- Make sure and blow air properly on adhesive until there is no movement.
- My last bottle of bonding agent was contaminated, and I had tons of de-bonded composites. I like the unit doses so that I know my bond isn’t contaminated.
OptiBond eXTRa Universal is a two-component, light-cured adhesive that:
- Reduces inventory with one single bonding protocol for all treatments and techniques through use of patented GPDM and Ternary Solvent System
- Gives you the flexibility to choose your preferred etching technique without the need of any auxiliary products such as silane or dual cure activators
- Uniform and very low film thickness delivers high aesthetic outcomes and also, provides a significant advantage for indirect restoration placement
- Unique dark cure mode when combined with NX3 cement
- Superior bond strengths
- Can be used on any substrate as well as in place of silane and metal primers
- Compatible with virtually all types of cements, composites and core-buildup materials without the need of auxilliary products