Geristore Syringeable (abridged)
- “This is great as a cement. Excess is easy to remove and it practically eliminates postoperative sensitivity.”
- “Great for Class V fillings.”
- “Flows nicely and finishes to a smooth surface.”
- “Efficient placement – tip size makes it easy to access difficult areas.”
- “The dual-cured feature is an advantage – it allows curing in areas that are difficult to light cure.”
Geristore Syringeable is a multi-use, resin ionomer restorative. Suggested applications for Geristore Syringeable include cervical restorations, interim fillings, base/liner, cementation of metal-based restorations, and the luting of orthodontic brackets and bands. Applications as an endodontic repair or retrograde filler, or use as a membrane barrier material, are also suggested. Its dualcured formulation is a hydrophilic Bis-GMA, allowing utilization in subgingival areas. Other characteristics include biocompatibility, fluoride release, a low coefficient of thermal expansion, and low polymerization shrinkage. The introductory kit contains one dual-chambered syringe with 15 auto-mix tips and intraoral tips. Also included are three test rings to assess depth of cure with the operator’s curing light. Twenty-four consultants used Geristore Syringeable in 377 clinical applications. This product received a 94% clinical rating.
Editors’ Note: The original evaluation was published in THE DENTAL ADVISOR, Vol. 22, No. 4, May 2005.