- “I like the weight of the pen, the battery life, the digital display, and the battery level display.”
- “Looks great and it’s cordless.”
- “It works great and you’re able to melt gutta percha inside the canals.”
- “Very ergonomic.”
- “I liked that it was cordless.”
- “It sometimes seemed to pull obturation material back up.”
- “There seemed to be a slight delay (<1 second) after releasing the ‘heat’ button to turn off the heat.”
- “I would like more tip options.”
- Find a comfortable way to get your finger on the activation button and reorient the tip as needed.
- It is critical to choose the correct tip size.
Duo-Pen was evaluated by 10 consultants and used a total of 254 times.
- Cordless and lightweight.
- Easy to use.
- Rapid heating of condensers.
- Effective in sealing root canals.
- Fast battery charging.
- Ergonomic design.
- Reaches 230°C in one second.
- Display window on handpiece that shows battery power, error and setting temperature.
- Smart temperature control that monitors and prevents the heating condenser from burning out.
- Device can automatically recognize the size of heating condenser inserted.
- Simple operation with two buttons – power/temperature and operation/heating.
- High-energy, replaceable lithium-ion battery.
- Color-coded heating condensers are available in 5 different sizes (.04-40, .04-45, .04-50, .06-50 and .08-55).
- Warm vertical compaction of gutta percha.
- Designed to be used along with the Duo-Gun during root canal filling procedures.
Duo-Pen is a cordless, lightweight, warm vertical compaction device. It is designed to effectively soften, spread, cut, and tightly compact gutta percha during root canal obturation. The device automatically recognizes which size of heating condenser has been inserted for use. The heating condensers are available in five different sizes and are color-coded for easy identification. The handpiece remains cool to the touch during operation and has three temperature settings (170°C, 200°C and 230°C). Duo-Pen is available in a kit containing the handpiece, charger, two heating condensers (.04-50, .06-50), one box of disposable sheaths (200 count), a power adapter, and cord. The components are also available individually, including additional sizes of heating condenser (one/box of .04-40, .04-45, .04-50, .06-50 and .08-55), and two/box of .04-50 and .06-50. Duo-Pen and Duo-Gun can be purchased together as a set called Dia-Duo.