Cavex Cream Alginate
Cavex Holland BV www.cavex.nl
- “Great product. The detail and accuracy is excellent.”
- “Easy mixing for a creamy consistency. I never had any bubbles or voids in my impressions.”
- “I love the working time, it sets so fast. It makes it so much better for the patient.”
- “Good tear resistance.”
- “I liked the contrast color.”
- “Nice feel, nice taste, smells good. Patients never complained about the taste and kids loved it.”
- “We would switch to this product because it has great detail and is very user friendly.”
- “There were air bubbles in the material.”
- “It set up too fast at times, even when mixing and working quickly.”
- “Different packaging would be preferable – a container that the bag goes in, a sturdy tub/canister, unit doses for ease of use, or a resealable bag to effectively close the bag once opened.”
- Follow the instructions and have the patient rinse first – it makes it easier to remove the impression.
- Use very cold water and spatulate well. Make sure the amount of water matches the measure to ensure the correct consistency.
- Apply air lightly around the teeth- leave slightly moist to help prevent bubbles at the margin.
- The stiffness of the material helps with impressions for dentures.
Cavex Cream Alginate (fast-setting) was evaluated by 29 consultants for a total of 432 times.
- Easy to use.
- Good consistency.
- Smells and tastes pleasant.
- Accurate, detailed impressions.
- Accurate detail to 5 microns.
- All procedures where an alginate impression is required.
Cavex Cream Alginate is a dust-free, alginate impression material designed to be easily mixed to a smooth, creamy consistency. It offers a high tear strength, elasticity, snap set, and detail accuracy to 5 microns. In addition, this impression material has a pleasant odor and color. Cavex Cream Alginate is available as normal and fast setting options. The fast-setting version has a 20-second mixing time, and a total working time of 2 minutes 20 seconds, which includes a 1-minute intraoral setting time. The normal-setting version has a 30-second mixing time, and a total working time of 3.5 minutes, which includes 1.5 minutes for intraoral setting. The impression can be scanned for digitizing. Cavex Cream Alginate is packaged in 500 g bags. Powder scoop and water measure are available.