Beyond® Polus Advanced (2019 Product Award)
- “It works and no heat is emitted from the light.”
- “I like the sleek look and display. It has a nice custom fitted cover for storing it between use.”
- “It gives you a 3-minute warning that the time is almost up.”
- “When moving the unit, wrap the cord around the folded arm to keep it from dropping down.”
- “Get the unit ready before you seat your patient.”
- Beyond Polus Advanced was evaluated by 4 consultants, with an average of 14 uses per consultant. It received a 97% clinical rating.
Beyond ® Polus Advanced is designed to accelerate tooth whitening, and can also be used for spot whitening individual teeth. It consists of a combination halogen and LED lights, at a wavelength of 480-520 nm, and ultrasonic whitening technology that creates pressure to accelerate the whitening gel’s chemical reactions. Beyond Polus Advanced has a built-in curing light with 3 settings (low, medium and high) and a motorized arm. The touch screen monitor with the Touch User Interface (TUI) panel lets the operator customize the settings and height for each patient. To prevent heat generation, Beyond Polus Advanced is designed with a temperature monitor and cooling system – an advanced air ionizer that removes heat and UV output. It also comes with a wireless remote control with a patient call button.
- “The arm is not stable and falls off the base when moving the unit.”
- “The arm could use another small movable section to make it easier to articulate the head.”
- “The control screen has too many options. All we need for bleaching is to be able to change the level of intensity of the light to change the time.”
- “It would be nice to have a portable remote that can count down along with the unit, that you can take with you wherever you are in the office.”