Apex ID (2018 Product Award)
- “The small size of the locator makes it easy to use.”
- “Sleek and small.”
- “I like the fact that it makes a sound when it shuts off.”
- “The weighted base makes the unit stand up easily.”
- “I found it to be more accurate with large files than small files.”
- “A brighter display it would be easier to read from an angle.”
- “The clip was a little large.”
- Take the tip to the beyond apex point (to ensure latency) and then bring it back in.
- Ensure that there is consistent movement on the apex locator reading that closely follows your movements.
- Ensure the chamber is dry but leave the canals slightly moist.
- Make sure to use the attachments made for Apex ID.
Apex ID was evaluated by 10 consultants with an average of 35 uses per consultant.
- Easy to use.
- Good access.
- Reliable and accurate.
- Measurements in 0.1 mm.
- Good readability.
- Weighted base.
Apex ID is a digital apex locator designed with a user-set zero point and continuous calibration. An audible signal indicates when the device turns off. Apex ID comes with a docking station, three AAA batteries, a five-pack of lip hooks, a probe cord, one each of file holders A and B, and a checker for performance inspection.
Endodontic procedures requiring an apex locator.
- Can be used in the presence of blood, sodium hypochlorite, and EDTA.
- Continuous calibration.