2pro Total Access Disposable Prophy Angles (2019 Preferred Product)
- “These angles run extremely smoothly for a disposable item – no vibration.”
- “Angulation is great for access in posterior areas.”
- “I loved the tip design – perfect for areas with furcation involvement, bridge abutments, and implants.”
- “It was nice to have four styles to choose from – they allowed easy access depending on the size of the patients mouth and teeth.”
- “The soft ones were a bit too soft.”
- “The soft, short cup was more useful than the long-cup.”
2pro Total Access Disposable Prophy Angles are latex-free and feature a patented dual-action cup and tip design for access to all tooth surfaces. The prophy cup is indicated for all tooth surfaces, and once removed, the tip is exposed and can be used for gingival and proximal areas, occlusal surfaces, veneer margins, and around implants and orthodontic brackets. 2pro Total Access Disposable Prophy Angles have a gearless design for nearly zero freeze-ups and less heat build-up and have a 100° angle to allow access to all areas of the mouth. 2pro Total Access Disposable Prophy Angles are available in four color-coded styles: Soft/Short Cup, purple cup; Firm/Short Cup, blue cup; Soft/Long Cup, white cup; and Firm/Long Cup, green cup in an assortment of colorful angles in a 144-count bag. 2pro Total Access Disposable Prophy Angles were evaluated by 37 consultants in 1839 uses.
The dual-action cup and tip design is the most unique feature of 2pro Total Access Disposable Prophy Angles and was rated highly for convenience. Most hygienists used the cup for the entire prophy and then removed it to expose the tip and use where needed. Consultants liked the design of the prophy cup and tip, the ease of removal, and the choice of size and firmness. The soft, short cup was the most popular style for routine use. As with many prophy cups, the design could be improved to reduce splatter. The flexibility/adaptation and durability of the cup rated highly, as did the ability to access difficult or tight areas of the mouth due to the ergonomic 100° angle design. Fifty-one percent of consultants reported that 2pro Total Access Disposable Prophy Angles were better than their current disposable prophy angles and 32% reported they were equivalent. Seventy-six percent would switch to 2pro Total Access Disposable Prophy Angles and 81% would recommend them to a colleague.
- Polish with the cup first; then remove and use the tip.
- Use when finishing composites to clean up at the gumline.