Ask the Editors
Bonding Agent - 5th-generation (Total-etch)
- I get postoperative sensitivity when I use total-etch 5th-generation adhesives in restoring root surfaces; should I be using a 7th-generation adhesive?
- Are there different types of total-etch bonding agents?
- Are total-etch bonding agents available in both light- and dual-cured formulations?
- What are bonding agent primers and adhesives?
- What are the major categories of bonding agents for bonding to tooth structure?
- What is the solvent in 4th- and 5th-generation bonding agents and what is its role?
- How long should you etch tooth structure with a total-etch bonding agent?
- When do you recommend the use of 5th-generation bonding agents?
- Is it ok to use a desensitizing agent before applying a 4th- or 5th-generation bonding agent?
- Is postoperative sensitivity associated with total-etch bonding?
- I'm looking for a universal 5th-generation (total-etch) bonding agent that is easy to use. Any suggestions?
- I am still not comfortable with self-etching adhesives. Are there any total-etch systems that are innovative and easy to use?