Ask the Editors
Cement - Self-adhesive Resin
- Can I use a bonding agent before use of self-adhesive cement such as 3M ESPE RelyX Unicem 2 Auto-Mix Self-Adhesive Universal Resin Cement?
- What are the benefits of using self-adhesive resin cement instead of resin cements that require separate bonding agent and primer?
- What type of cement do you recommend for cementation of all-ceramic CAD/CAM restorations?
- What cements should I use for veneers? Can I use self-adhesive cements on veneer restorations?
- When using dual-cured resin cement, is it better to let it set by itself over time or to cure the resin cement with a curing light?
- I have been doing a lot of zirconia copings (Lava Crowns and Bridges, 3M ESPE; Crystal, Dental Laboratory Milling Supplies). Which type of cement should I use?
- If self-adhesive resin cements are easier and faster to place and have less postoperative sensitivity, can I get rid of other resin cements?
- Do self-adhesive resin cements have bond strengths as high as traditional esthetic resin cements?
- To minimize fracture of CEREC crowns, a speaker advised the use of phosphoric acid on the tooth, followed by a bonding agent, and then RelyX Unicem. Do you agree?
- I am using Durelon as my crown and bridge cement. I am looking for a better product that I don't have to mix. What should I go with?
- Since self-adhesive resin cements can self-cure, is it necessary to light cure them?
- Are there long-term clinical data to support the use of self-adhesive resin cements?
- Can I use self-adhesive cement for bonding of veneers?
- What types of restorations can be cemented with self-adhesive resin cements?